June 1, 2012
- Win a $50 Gift Card from 16 Handles!
- The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep Event
- Breastfeeding Support from Lansinoh
- Recipes from the Walmart Choice Steak Challenge!
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
- Library & Bookstore Story Times
- Macaroni Recipes: Kona Rubbed Strip Loin
- Check Out the Macaroni Kid Business Directory!
Thanks to our friends at Nielsen-Massey for this tasty Father's Day recipe!
Kona Rubbed Strip Loin
Recipe courtesy of Nielsen-Massey
Have ready 8 6-ounce New York strip steaks.
1 qt. Kona coffee, brewed extra strong and chilled
1/4 cup Kona coffee grounds
1/2 cup chipotle peppers
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/8 cup Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Coffee Extract
6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
3 shallots, peeled and chopped
4 sprigs of thyme, chopped
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 bunch scallions
1 cup salad oil
Combine all of the solid ingredients in a food processor and blend. Slowly add the coffee and salad oil and blend until all of the ingredients are combined. Cover the steaks in the marinade and cover with plastic wrap so the marinade covers the entire surface area of the meat. Marinate for at least 4 hours. After marinating, remove and dry off the steaks. Season with salt and pepper, and grill to your desired temperature.
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC