You can check out our full event calendar here but below are our Top 10 picks for events and activity ideas happening in and around NYC Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side!
Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events prior to attending.
Top 10 of the Week
May 3rd - May 9th
1. IN-PERSON Mommy & Me Watercolor Painting Party @ American Girl Store - You and your girl can join us for a fun painting class! A representative from Private Picassos will provide an hour-long class on basic watercolor painting techniques. Girls, and adults who want to take part, can swirl up their own colorful masterpiece on watercolor paper. Afterward, each girl will receive a special goody bag.
2. IN-PERSON Mother's Day Tea In Paris @ Let's Dress Up - Ooh la la, grab your little ones and join us as we escape to Paris. Moms are welcome to stay and partake in the tea party fun or of course you are welcome to drop off and have 90 minutes of "me" time. Cheers to you, moms!
3. Virtual Arch Bridges with the Center for Architecture - Learn more about architecture and design from the comfort of your own home with our free, live, and online Architecture at Home Workshops led by Center for Architecture educators. Each 45-minute session explores an architectural topic through virtual tours, interactive lessons and discussions, and gets kids started on a design project they can complete on their own with easy-to-find materials. Workshops are FREE and are open to all at-home learners, families, and youth ages 5+. This month’s Architecture at Home programs are all about bridges! In this class, we’ll explore arch bridges, ancient and modern, then help you build your own arch bridge model.
4. Virtual After School Art Club: Eva Hesse with The Whitney Museum of American Art - Welcome to After School Art Club, a free weekly online program with Whitney educators! Kids ages 5 to 10 are invited to experiment and make art with at-home art materials. Tell a friend and join the club!
5. Virtual The Scientist Is In: The Cicadas Are Coming! with American Museum of Natural History - They're ready to emerge this spring, en masse—probably at a park near you. But what do they do all those years underground? How do they survive? And what do they do once they come out to the surface? These and many other questions, including how you might be able to experience this incredible phenomenon, will be answered by Museum Curator Jessica Ware in this family-friendly program.
6. Virtual Folding Fridays with National Museum of Mathematics - Kathleen Sheridan continues this runaway hit series, teaching origami models to learners ages seven through adult. Every session will be different, and each session can stand alone. Register for the entire series at a discount or each session individually. Explore the wonders of paper folding — there’s math in every fold!
7. Virtual Little New-Yorkers At Home with the New-York Historical Society - Join us via Zoom every Tuesday and Friday for story time and crafts! Each class includes a special Little New-Yorkers hello song, silly dances and songs, a story book reading, and a craft to do at home.
8. Virtual From Simple Shapes to Skyscrapers Family Program with Skyscraper Museum - Simple shapes and basic numbers are at the core of all tall towers. Join us for a deep dive into the floor plans and facades of supertall skyscrapers as we find their hidden shapes and count their floors! Virtual, Zoom. All ages welcome.
9. Virtual Interactive Music + Movement- Join Ms. Claire and her puppet pals as they take your child on an adventure! Using fun and colorful virtual background pictures, Claire will invite you into an original story while encouraging participation with movements, music, and verbal interactions. To entertain and bring joy to the young children, while encouraging the use of their imagination as they learn from different themes (numbers, colors, animals, shapes…) and the many ways music can be appreciated.
10. Virtual Baby & Caregiver Lapsit with New York Public Libraries - Join us for a live, online program to bond with your baby. We will introduce our babies to the joys of movement and song and begin to build their early learning skills. Storytime is a program for parents/caregivers and their children.