Check out the full event calendar here but below are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Friday, June 11th
1. In-person Loop of the Loom Drop Off Kids Class - Drop off your children for fun weaving! We will initially guide them with simple techniques, and within a minute kids will be able to start weaving by themselves. In a two-hour session, they can complete a tapestry-size woven piece to take home! Ages 5-18 and cost is $65.
2. In-person Book a Tour @Gracie Mansion - Public tours are reserved for members of the public that wish to learn more about the final exhibit, Catalyst: Art and Social Justice, currently on display at Gracie Mansion. Public tours are held twice a month on select Thursdays at 7 pm or Fridays at 5 pm. All tours of the CATALYST: Art and Social Justice art exhibit at Gracie Mansion are free.
Saturday, June 12th
3. In-person Fencing Classes with Sheridan Fencing Academy - Get your young musketeers started with a fun and safe introduction to their favorite sport! Our 4-6 year old classes are filled with fun games and play that help your child develop the motor skills and concentration they will need to excel in anything. Designed especially with the youngest fencers in mind, this program uses safe plastic sabers that are light and easy to handle, allowing the kids to explore their new sport in a way that’s perfect for their needs. Kids in this program run, jump, and play as they develop their coordination, balance, and strength while they learn swordplay! Our 4-6 year old classes are 45 minutes long for optimal concentration and learning.
4. In-Person Tenement Museum’s Grand Reopening Block Party - Join us on June 12 from 12:00 to 4:00pm to celebrate the museum and the Lower East Side with our Grand Reopening Block Party! We’ll also be launching our newest walking tour, Reclaiming Black Spaces, an initiative two years in the making. Enjoy tours, giveaways, activities, and more, including a live mural painting by artist Jia Sung with Assembly for Chinatown, musical and spoken word acts from the Nuyorican Poets Cafe, and a performance by legendary jazz and rock musician Juma Sultan, one of the founders of Studio We, a stop on the Reclaiming Black Spaces tour.
5. In-person Outdoor Art and Music Show on the East Side - A Show Celebrating New York's Reawakening. Hoping to contribute to the Upper East Side's post-pandemic resurgence, residents have organized an outdoor exhibition that will fill a street with art and music this weekend. Dubbed as "a show celebrating New York's Reawakening," it will be held from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday on James Cagney Place, the pedestrian plaza on East 91st Street between Second and Third Avenues.
Sunday, June 13th
6. In-person Apple Blossom Carnival @ Queens County Farm Museum - IT'S BACK — The Apple Blossom Carnival is coming to the farm! 🎡 Tickets on sale now for these fun, outdoor special admission days on June 5-6 and June 11-13.
7. In-person Free Music in the Amph @ Little Island - Little Island is electrified by Free Music in the Amph, a weekend concert series in our largest performance space. Drop by any time to catch a double bill of two musical acts or to discover your new favorite act.
Tuesday, June 15th
8. In-person Loving Math — stories, games, and laughter in a hilariously fun children’s series with National Museum of Mathematics - Join master storyteller Steve Sherman for an exciting session designed for kindergartners through third graders. If your child loves stories, games, and laughter, don’t miss this wild and wacky event!
9. In-person Art Talks: Gabrielle L’Hirondelle Hill with The Museum of Modern Art - Come along for a virtual studio visit with artist and writer Gabrielle L’Hirondelle Hill. Discover how Hill collects and combines natural and found materials, and how the history of the materials she weaves, ties, and binds inspire her sculptures, collages, and installations. Families will have the opportunity to ask the artist questions during a Q&A session.
Wednesday, June 16th
10. In-person Snow Leopard's at the Central Park Zoo - Check out the magnificent Snow Leopard's at the Central Park Zoo! It’s impressive to watch these magnificent big cats navigate steep terrain with such grace. In the wild, they are known to jump 20 to 30 feet when chasing speedy prey.