Check out the full event calendar here but below are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Friday, September 3rd
1. Mozart for Munchkins Concert @ Cedar Hill - Jazzy jazz jazz! A morning of jazz with some classical teasers sure to get everyone dancing.
Saturday, September 4th
2. Times Square Wheel - Take a spin on a majestic, state-of-the-art, 100-foot-tall Ferris wheel and see Times Square from a whole new vantage point.
3. Back to School Festival @ Brookville Park - Join Council Member Selvena Brooks-Powers and Queens Recreation as they present this fun day of family activities at Brookville Park. The event will feature games, obstacle courses, crafts, music, puppet shows, Mounted Unit horses for photo-op, giveaways, and more.
4. DIG! PLANT! GROW! POLLINATOR PALS @ New York Botanical Garden - Meet our Pollinator Pals! Learn more about the relationship between our garden pollinators and their favorite plants, including our very own honeybees. Children are invited to plant their own wildflower mix to take home.
Sunday, September 5
5. 12th Annual NYC Unicycle Festival - The Bindlestiff Family Cirkus rolls out the 12th Annual NYC Unicycle Festival across New York City, bringing together recreational riders, world-class performers, mountain and off-road unicycle enthusiasts, and mono-wheel vehicle inventors.
6. Alley Pond Park Adventure Course: Free Sunday Programs - When Alley Pond launched its public outdoor ropes course 14 years ago, it was NYC's only one—and this summer/fall you can try it for FREE on Sundays! Elements include a "zip-line," a climbing and bouldering wall, a trust fall station, swings, nets, leaps, and balance platforms. The Adventure Course program lasts about two hours.
7. Hester Street Fair @ Seaport District - Antiques. Jewelry. Art. Vintage goods and local designers. A beloved street fair makes the move from the Lower East Side to the Seaport. Kicking off on Labor Day Weekend, Hester Street Fair is now in the neighborhood. Come and browse the stalls. Snack. Refresh. And enjoy music by Wade and Sammy. Experience the Hester Street magic: Tightly curated. Wildly creative. Always a good time.
Monday, September 6
8. The World's Biggest Bounce House Comes to Brooklyn @ Aviator Sports and Events Center - The Big Bounce America–the world's largest touring inflatable event–is returning to Brooklyn. This action-packed attraction is suitable for all ages and features some unique custom-built inflatable attractions including the world's largest bounce house (Guinness certified!), a bouncy sports area, an inflatable obstacle course, and slides, ball pits, and a 60-foot tall maze.
Tuesday, September 7
9. Movies under the Stars: Captain Underpants (PG) @ Linden Park - Dav Pilkey's hit kid-lit series makes its film debut in an animated superhero comedy that follows two imaginative elementary school pranksters and their mean-spirited principal, Mr. Krupp, who thinks he is a superhero who fights crime while wearing only underwear and a cape.
Wednesday, September 8
10. Wormy Wednesday @ Randall's Island - Come visit us after school to learn about vermicomposting! Check out our worm bin and take-home information on how you can make your own. We’ll have arts and craft kits for kids to take home related to worms and composting.