Check out the full event calendar here but here are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Friday, November 12th
1. Midtown East Fall Fair - Street fair with authentic foods booths, merchandise vendors, and a variety of goods for you to explore and enjoy in the city of New York!
Saturday, November 13th
2. Stranger Things Store in NYC - A journey to the Netflix series with exclusive Stranger Things products. You can explore the most iconic locations: a hidden Demogorgon in the Upside Down, take photos at Hawkins Middle’s Snowball Dance and in Joyce’s House, shop in the Starcourt Mall, avoid the Rift in the Russian Lab, and play games at the Palace Arcade.
3. Mozart for Munchkins Concert - Kidfolk! @ Hudson Yards - Bring in the weekend with a lively jazz musical morning! This program will be sure to get everyone up and dancing, clapping, and singing along! Alongside a special guest on vocals, we'll have drums, brass, and more! This program is FREE!
Sunday, November 14th
4. Discovery Walks for Families in Central Park: Harlem Meer - The rocky landscape surrounding the Harlem Meer has a storied history and more than a few secret nooks for young explorers to enjoy. Discover the North Woods with Central Park Conservancy guides as we uncover the area’s unique secrets and complete hands-on activities that illustrate how this complex ecosystem within the Park supports New York City’s native plants and animals. Ticket includes a complimentary Discovery Journal for each child.
5. 245th Commemoration of the Battle of Fort Washington @ Fort Tryon Park - This year marks the 245th anniversary of the Battle of Fort Washington, a key event during the Revolutionary War. Watch a blacksmith demo, listen to live 18th century music, and enjoy crafts and games from the revolutionary period. Tour the battle scene with a tour guide dressed as heroine Margaret Corbin. Wear your own costume - prizes are offered for the most authentic costumes!
6. Autumn Dance Celebration at Queens County Farm Museum - Celebrate American Indian Culture through music and dance! Autumn Dance Celebration showcases various different Native American dances outdoors at the farm. Eight Indian Nations will be represented including Hopi, Winnebago, Lenape, Choctaw, Mayan, Seneca, Santo Domingo and Chickahominy. This event also features a market of authentic Native American art, jewelry, ceramics, textiles, and food. In autumn, the bountiful summer harvest is celebrated and thanks is given through song and dance, reflecting a reverence and appreciation for the wonderful things we find in nature.
Monday, November 15th
7. Arts & Crafts Open House @ 96th Street Library - Drop in to the 96th Street Library on Monday afternoons for an art activity. For ages 2 to 6.
8. Quite a Character with Counselor Nick - Blast off into space, sail the seven seas hunting for treasure, and roam the prehistoric world as a terrifying dinosaur. Join Counselor Nick on a thrilling new character-led adventure each week that includes crafts, high-energy playtime, and an interactive show! It’s a fun and supportive environment to build confidence, develop creative collaboration skills, and think about self-expression in new, exciting ways.
Tuesday, November 16th
9. Tots Program Guardian and Me @ Constance Baker Motley Recreational Center - Toddlers will explore their creative side and examine their surroundings in this Tots Program, the focus will be on building Motor Skills through Sports. The classes should be focused on sports and a small part on art. With assistance of a parent/guardian the child will learn the basics
Wednesday, November 18th
10. Stroller Tours at the Guggenheim Museum - Enjoy a special stroller-friendly tour for children and their caregivers. Led by museum educators, this interactive exploration of cur-rent Registration is required and includes tour plus museum admission for one stroller (single strollers and front baby carriers only) and up to four adults.