Check out the full event calendar here but here are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Friday, November 19th
1. Bilingual Toddler Story Time @ Yorkville Library - Join us for a Spanish bilingual storytime. We will sing fun nursery rhymes and learn new words in Spanish!
2. For the Adults: Cocktails & Culture: Afro-Latinx Beats @ Museum of the City of New York - At this month's Cocktails & Culture, groove to the Afro-Latinx Beats of cumbia pop supergroup Locobeach, who serve up latin disco with a psychedelic/spaghetti western edge! Check out our monthly MC'NY Poets' Café hosted by poet Shanelle Gabriel featuring a performance from the Pretty BIG Movement dance troupe. Try your hand drawing at our Sketch & Sip with Drawing America (extra fee applies). Themed cocktails and food available for purchase.
Saturday, November 20th
3. A Laurie Berkner Virtual Family Concert - Holiday Party! TICKETS ON SALE NOW - Sing, dance, and play interactive games through your device with Laurie Berkner (plus some special guests) as they perform your favorite songs, interact with you through the computer, and bring in a few surprises – from Laurie’s house to yours! This special virtual concert event is the 10th in this series, and your ticket helps support the team in continuing operations while we can’t tour. Join us for the hour before the concert for some fun pre-show activities and to make sure your stream is working smoothly!
4. Vasthy And Friends At Green Room 42 - Vasthy Mompoint and her amazingly talented friends are proud to bring their one-of-a-kind brand of interactive children's entertainment to The Green Room 42! Produced by Vasthy Mompoint and Mason Granger, Vasthy & Friends is like Sesame Street meets Broadway... it's Mr. Rogers meets musical theater... it's music, dance, poetry, and fun for the whole family (including grown ups!) Featuring Alex Brightman, Dana Steingold, Caitlin Kinnunen, Kristolyn Lloyd, and many more, Vasthy & Friends is a brunch time musical theater adventure series combining live performance with virtual production for kids to engage with the arts in a way like no other. Join us for what will surely become your family's favorite Saturday afternoon!
Sunday, November 21st
5. LEGO Scavenger Hunt - Find Kevin @ Rockefeller Center, North Plaza - To celebrate the launch of the new LEGO Ideas Home Alone set, a life-sized statue of LEGO Kevin McCallister minifigure has been placed on North Plaza. Find Kevin during the month of November and you can play games, takes selfies or enter a competition to win a $1000 LEGO gift card and the new Home Alone set.
6. Theater for Young Audiences at 92Y: Dorothy’s Adventures in Oz - Our very modern heroine is whisked away by tornado from her New York City apartment to that magical land that lies just Over the Rainbow. Follow Dorothy and her friends—the Scarecrow, the Tinman, and the Lion—as they encounter challenges and celebrate friendship. Our family-friendly take on this classic tale features an original score, memorable characters, and thrilling dance. Designed for families with children 2-11, Dorothy’s Adventures in Oz is a delightful reminder that “there’s no place like home!”
Monday, November 22nd
7. Toddler Time @ Diki Harmony - Join us to hear stories, sing songs, and get those wiggles out as you help your active children build important early learning skills. Discover ways to promote early literacy at home and meet other caregivers in the neighborhood. Suggested for babies, toddlers and their caregivers.
Tuesday, November 23rd
8. Multi-Sport Athletes @ Kids In Sports - Our Multi-Sport Athlete classes are specifically designed for all age levels. These classes teach the fundamentals of baseball, basketball, floor hockey, football, soccer, and volleyball. One sport is focused on for two to three weeks before rotating to another sport. Multi-Sport Athlete classes also include a fitness and cooperative games session. Skills of each sport are taught in small and large groups, with games eventually being played at the appropriate age levels.
Wednesday, November 24th
9. Grand Central Holiday Fair - The Grand Central Terminal Holiday Fair is one of the finest, longest-running indoor holiday fairs in New York City. Highly selective about the artists chosen to participate, planners spend the year looking for unique vendors with a focus on American-made and handmade products with locally-sourced materials or a socially-conscious business model. Since 1993, the Holiday Fair has been a must-shop destination during the holiday season.
Thursday, November 25th
10. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade - The world famous Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade® is set to march down the streets of New York City for its 95th annual holiday celebration. Following last year’s made for television celebration, the official kick-off to the holiday season will take to the streets of Manhattan on Thursday, November 25th beginning at 9:00 AM. On Thanksgiving Day, the spectacle will once again delight New York City spectators and a national television audience with its signature mix of giant character helium balloons, fantastic floats, marching bands, performance groups, celebrities, clowns, and the one-and-only Santa Claus.