Check out the full calendar here! These are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Friday, November 26th
1. Pinkmas at the Museum of Ice Cream - 13 multi-sensory installations will burst with snowflakes, candy canes, pink trees, interactive moments, from crafting ornaments and decorating the MOIC trees, to tasting sweet treats that celebrate the season’s festive spirit. You can also hunt for the candy cane sprinkle hidden in MOIC NYC’s world-famous Sprinkle Pool for a special surprise and sing along to carols. Guests are encouraged to bring in new toys for Toys For Tots in exchange for a scoop of ice cream and to come dressed in their pinkest Pinkmas attire.
Saturday, November 27th
2. Saturday Science @ Bryant Park - When the Crazy Professor explores dry ice and liquid nitrogen, fun and learning ensue! Kids learn how to make artificial snow, a banana hammer, and much more. These special interactive experiments are sure to spark the scientist in all.
Join us for Art Alive, a drop-in gallery visit and art-making experience for all ages. This Saturday, Art Alive educators will be stationed throughout the Museum leading focused discussions of works on view and art activities using sustainable and recycled materials.
4. Storytelling at Sugar Hill Children's Museum - Dance along with storyteller Robin Bady as we celebrate the harvest with stories of sharing, growing, and eating food! Stories to nourish the mind and imagination.
Sunday, November 28th
5. Grand Menorah Lighting in the Lower East Side - Chabad of the Lower East Side celebrates the first night of Hanukkah with a Grand Menorah Lighting followed by latkes and donuts!
6. Peter Pantomine @ the Kaye Playhouse - Don't miss this charming and imaginative retelling of the beloved Peter Pan classic. Clap for the sweet but sassy Tinkerbell, hiss at the sly Captain Hook and cheer for the playful, mischievous Peter Pan.
Monday, November 29th
7. Chanukah on Ice at Wollman Rink - Hit the ice at the newly reopened Wollman Rink to skate to live Jewish music throughout the night, accompanied by a life-sized dreidel mascot. A giant ice menorah is lit with traditional songs and blessings. Enjoy complimentary hot drinks, kosher goodies, traditional latkes, and holiday doughnuts.
Tuesday, November 30th
8. Pre-K Storytime at @ 67th Street Library - Join us for stories, songs, fingerplays, and fun, as we help your child get ready to read. Followed by a craft to help your child develop school readiness skills.
Wednesday, December 1st
9. Kids Club Winter Workshop (Virtual) - Join us online for 12 days of Winter Workshop! Our first day your mini maker will create a truck ornament out of craft sticks. The recommended age is 3+.
Thursday, December 2nd
10. Storytime at the Met - Look, listen, sing, and have fun with Storytime! Join us every Thursday for picture-book readings connected to objects in The Met collection. Recommended for families with children ages 18 months to 6 years.