Check out the full event calendar here but below are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Friday, September 10
1. Free Music Fridays: Facebook Live with American Folk Art Museum - The museum’s critically acclaimed performance series returns via Facebook Live. Join us for live performances by Leila Rhodes, Sterling Rhyne, and Keren Abreu.
Saturday, September 11
2. After-School Program Open House @ LeapUp Learning - LeapUp Learning After-School Club hosts an open house to showcase activities designed to keep students busy and engaged in a supportive environment. Students take Mandarin classes, get homework help, practice public speaking in the Open Mic club, free play under supervision, and more.
3. Elephant Art in Central Park - Join Curated Care for an exploration of the savannah's beloved creature - elephants! We will each paint our own canvas with these magical creatures and learn some fun facts along the way. For art and animal lovers alike, this class is wild!
4. 38th Annual Queens County Fair - Queens County Fair is back, and with it, the opening weekend of The Amazing Maize Maze. Step back in time and enjoy pie eating and corn husking contests, hayrides, carnival rides, and midway games. Visit the main stage and family entertainment tents featuring live music and theatrical performances, enjoy local food, beer, craft vendors, and get recycling tips at the Con Edison Ecology booth. Check out the Blue Ribbon Competitions in produce, arts, crafts, and more.
5. EIKO OTAKE: SLOW TURN IN REMEMBRANCE OF 9/11 - On September 11, 2021, Eiko Otake will perform at 7am and 6pm at Belvedere Plaza in Battery Park City by the Hudson River, directly west of where the Twin Towers once stood. Marking 20 years since the 9/11 attacks, this free public event will be presented in partnership with NYU Skirball, Battery Park City Authority, and Lower Manhattan Cultural Council (LMCC).
Sunday, September 12
6. NYC Honey Fest @ Rockaway Beach -Now in its 10th year, the NYC Honey Fest celebrates the buzzing pollinators that live in NYC. Enjoy art, food, music, film, kids’ arts and crafts, and a bee-product marketplace. Go for the bees... Stay for the beach!
7. Rumpelstiltskin @ Puppetworks - Puppetworks presents the classic Grimm Brothers tale about an imp who could spin straw into gold for a price.
8. 2021 Third Avenue Community Benefit Festival New York, NY - The 3rd Avenue Community Benefit Festival will be held on September 12, 2021. Come explore a wide variety of vendor booths featuring arts and crafts, merchandise items, antiques, collectibles, and much more. It will also feature live entertainment, kid’s activities, rides, delicious food, and fun for all. Free admission. Hours: 10am-6pm.
Monday, September 13
9. Arts, Culture & Fun: Drawing and Watercolor Workshops @ Dr. Ronald E. McNair Playground - Join us for a drawing and watercolor workshop series in partnership with Seeds of the League. Artist Kenneth Fitzpatrick will lead a workshop teaching you how to draw and paint people and nature. All levels from beginners to advanced are welcome.
Tuesday, September 14
10. Little Hands Outdoor Socially Distant Classes! - These little artists will dive deeper into more in-depth art techniques and projects all while in our fun environment with lots of different activities each session to keep them interested. Max of 8 kids plus 8 adults per class. All sitting 3 feet apart. Masks required for all participants over the age of 2 years.