Check out the full event calendar here but below are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Friday, October 1
1. Grand Central Food Block Party Series - Experience the 20+ Authentic food booths, Browse the 50+ merchandise booths that sell a huge variety of goods that range from handmade metal statues to African baskets to the year's hottest trends in jewelry & fashion accessories and much more.
Saturday, October 2
2. “The Colors of Frida | Los colores de Frida” Performance for Families with Teatro SEA @ Museum of the City of New York - Experience this special bilingual performance about Frida Kahlo by Teatro SEA at the Museum of the City of New York. “The Colors of Frida | Los colores de Frida” is a bilingual, one-woman show about the great Mexican painter Frida Kahlo, which combines storytelling, music, visual arts, puppets, and audience participation. | Un espectáculo unipersonal bilingüe sobre la gran pintora mexicana Frida Kahlo, que combina música, arte visual, narración de cuentos, títeres y la participación del público.
3. The Amazing Maize Maze at Queens County Farm Museum - Enjoy getting lost in NYC’s only corn maze! Andy Warhol’s Cow at Queens Farm? This year The Amazing Maize Maze celebrates the genius of Andy Warhol’s pop art in NYC’s only corn maze. The adventure begins with a Stalk Talk to prepare you for the 3-acre challenge of finding clues, solving puzzles, and making your way to Victory Bridge where the full vista of Warhol’s Cow is revealed.
4. Family Day at John Jay Park - Join NYC Parks and Council Member Ben Kallos in a fun afternoon of crafts, inflatables, music, jumbo games, an obstacle course, and more! Come ready to have a great time!
Sunday, October 3
5. Boo at the Zoo @ The Bronx Zoo - Trek the candy trail, explore an extinct animal graveyard, and take in pumpkin carving demos as The Bronx Zoo's annual Halloween tradition returns, bringing with it tons of family-friendly activities. Costumes are welcome.
6. Burning Brighter: New Voices in French Cinema 2021 (French Institute) - FIAF is proud to present a new festival celebrating the remarkable diversity of emerging voices in French cinema. This special program features recent prize-winning films by new French filmmakers.
7. Halloween Harvest at Luna Park - Luna Park hosts its annual Halloween Harvest weekends in October, featuring Tillie's Tractor Race, Blackbeard's Pumpkin Patch, Maniac Carvers, stiltwalkers, caricatures, balloon twisting, character appearances, and more.
Monday, October 4
8. Family Art @ Constance Baker Motley Recreational Center - Swing by the Art Center to make seasonal and holiday-centric art.
Tuesday, October 5
9. Toddler Story Time @ Yorkville Library - Toddlers from 18-36 months old (Walkers) and their parents/caregivers can enjoy great books, lively songs, and rhymes, and meet other toddlers in the neighborhood.
Wednesday, October 6
10. Manhattan Aardvarks- Mixed Ages Class @ Carl Schurz Park - Manhattan Aardvarks is an outdoor music class for babies, toddlers, and big kids living on the Upper East and Upper West Sides. Our classes incorporate a wide variety of musical activities including singing, dancing, musical storytelling, instrumental jam sessions, and musical puppet play. With influences of rock, folk, jazz, and pop, our completely original songs celebrate the lives of children growing up in New York City. The music is innovative, intelligent, and irresistibly appealing, led by a highly engaging teacher who entertains both kids and parents alike.