Check out the full event calendar here but below are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Friday, October 8th
1. Friday Family Fun @ Constance Baker Motley Recreational Center - Parents, guardians, and children can celebrate the end of the work/school week with fun game night activities led by our recreation staff!
Saturday, October 9th
2. Weekends with the Animals @ The Art Farm - Join us for arts and crafts, limited play, and…animals! We are so excited to be offering a new, fun, safe, and interactive way to see the animals on the weekends!
3. Nature Stories on the Grass (Governors Island) - Stop by for a story or two on the lawn next to Nolan Park #17. We’ll read an eclectic array of tales featuring all kinds of creatures and critters. This outdoor storytime is appropriate for all ages.
4. Virtual: Let's Make Fluffy Pumpkin Halloween Slime! - In this one-time class students will learn how to decorate a jar with a pumpkin face and make fluffy slime that is the color of pumpkins - orange, just in time for the fall season and Halloween.
Sunday, October 10th
5. Virtual and for Participants with Disabilities: Afterlives: Recovering the Lost Stories of Looted Art - Participants with disabilities and their families are invited to explore Afterlives: Recovering the Lost Stories of Looted Art through discussion and art-making. This exhibition traces the fascinating timelines of individual objects as they passed through hands and sites before, during, and after World War II, bringing forward their myriad stories. Hosted by the Jewish Museum.
6. Lexington Avenue Autumn Fair - Experience the 50+ Authentic food booths, Browse the 300+ merchandise booths that sell a huge variety of goods that range from handmade metal statues to African baskets to the year's hottest trends in jewelry & fashion accessories, and much more.
Monday, October 11th
7. The Annual Columbus Day Parade - The Columbus Day Parade returns to New York City this year, processing up Fifth Ave from 44th St to 72nd St (with red carpet performances on Fifth Avenue between 67th and 69th Streets), including high school bands, professional musicians, folk dance troupes, floats and more.
8. Cinderella Appearance @ Let's Dress Up - Get dressed for the ball and join us for tea with the Pumpkin Princess herself. We promise to have you home by midnight!
Tuesday, October 12th
9. Eastside Westside Music Together - Mixed Ages (Birth - 5 years) Class @ Central Park near Alice in Wonderland (76th) - This is the essential Music Together class, one that a child can attend from birth through age four - and through all nine song collections. Child development researchers recommend mixed-age groupings because they foster natural, family-style learning. Younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones, and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together. Each child participates at his or her own level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, watching, and exploring musical instruments. The class provides a variety of adult-child activities that are fun and offer new ways to play musically at home. Parents, grandparents, or nannies, individually or together, may accompany the children.
Thursday, October 14th
10. EVF KIDS - As seen on Good Morning America, The EVF Kids program, based on CrossFit Kids, is sure to give your kids an extra shot of strength, confidence, focus, and encouragement. Our certified coaches guide young athletes through skill work, conditioning workouts and games to boost fitness, strength, coordination and balance, athleticism and speed. Open to kids of all levels, ages 7 to 17 years old.