Check out the full event calendar here but below are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Friday, October 15th
1. Family Art @ Gymboree - All children benefit from a space to be creative. Children are eager to explore different mediums, textures, and ways to express themselves. Sculpt with a giant block of clay, design a family tree, paint a mural or make a creation of your very own.
Saturday, October 16th
2. Children's Workshops @ New York City Ballet Rehearsal Studios - NYCB Teaching Artists guide children in a ballet warm-up and movement combination, concluding in a lively performance for accompanying family and friends. No prior dance training is needed.
3. Family Fall Day at St Catherine's Park - Join NYC Parks and Council Member Ben Kallos in a fun afternoon of crafts, inflatables, music, jumbo games, an obstacle course, and more! Come ready to have a great time!
4. Halloween Kids Spooky Cruise 2021 - Looking for special Halloween events for kids in NYC this year? Our Spooky Halloween Cruise is bringing the trick or treating onto the Hudson. You’ll get to enjoy the panoramic Manhattan skyline view while the kids enjoy the performance by our costumed character.
Sunday, October 17th
5. Little Guggs at the Guggenheim - In this program designed for young art lovers and their caregivers, participants explore works of art on view with the goal of creating their own artistic expressions. Each program includes art looking, art-making activities, and a story.
6. Virtual Make a Haunted House! Preschool Halloween Craft - In this one-time class for 4-7-year-olds, we will work on our fine motor skills and review shapes to create a fun Halloween haunted house craft with a brown paper bag!
Monday, October 18th
7. Little Jay Music & Play in Central Park at E 76th Street - Join us for 40-minutes of music and early enrichment in Central Park. Bring your own props (we recommend shakers, scarves, tambourine/drum, and a puppet or stuffed toy) and blanket.
Tuesday, October 19th
8. Bollywood Kids Class (Ages 5 - 6 Years) @ Ajna Dance (Ripley Grier Studios UWS) - Our children’s dance school was built to encourage a love of dance and instill a practice of disciplined study. Our focus is on expanding knowledge of Indian dance techniques, including movement, rhythm, grace, expression, and performance. Students develop body awareness, confidence, and discipline. Our accomplished and dedicated instructors led by our Director, Minila Shah work with students of all levels to help them develop and grow as dancers. Classes are both fun and challenging and are open to children of all ages, levels, and backgrounds.
Wednesday, October 20th
9. Songs for Seeds @ Central Park East (East 72nd Street & 5th Avenue) - Songs for seeds is a-rockin' 45-minute class led by an amazing guitar lead! songs for seeds teachers encourage the kids to play instruments, sing, dance, and interact throughout the whole class. The music is awesome – it will become the soundtrack to your child’s life (and you actually won’t mind!). In addition to the songs for seeds tunes, each week the students hear music and learn about music from different cultures and help to create magic and fun from around the world- we offer sing-alongs of well-loved nursery rhymes and well as top 40 songs for you and your children to rock to!
Thursday, October 21st
10. Shalom Sing-Along (Central Park - by The Obelisk) - Start your little one’s day the happy & healthy way with song, dance, stories, bubbles, puppets, instruments, & more! Parents, grandparents, and caregivers join us as we learn simple Hebrew, Jewish values, and favorite tunes!