Check out the full event calendar here but here are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Thursday, October 28
1. Bim Bam Bunch 2021-2022 @ Temple Israel City of New York - Join us for a fabulous, weekly musical exploration designed with your infant or toddler’s growth in mind. Through music, movement, and play, your child will be practicing critical and age-appropriate gross motor, social, and language skills. Our favorite UES musician, Molly Rose, leads this “grown up and me” experience where she incorporates Jewish holidays, Hebrew music, a weekly Shabbat celebration – and a whole lot of FUN!
Friday, October 29
2. Disney Winnie the Pooh: The New Musical Stage Adaptation at Times Square’s Theatre Row - This beautifully crafted musical stage adaptation is set deep in the Hundred Acre Wood and told with stunning life-size puppetry through the eyes of the Winnie the Pooh, Christopher Robin, and their best friends Piglet, Eeyore, Kanga, Roo, Rabbit, and Owl (and Tigger too!).
3. For the Adults: Cocktails & Culture: Halloween Masquerade @ Museum of the City of New York - At our next jam-packed edition of Cocktails & Culture, kick off your weekend festivities at our Halloween Masquerade. Dress up as your favorite '80s music star, walk the red carpet, and compete in the costume contest. Meet the giant puppets and spooky characters from Teatro SEA. Join DJ Misbehaviour for an electric dance party on our South Terrace with a special "Thriller" performance by Purssophonie. Try your hand drawing at our Sketch & Sip with Drawing America. Sign up for the open mic at our monthly MC'NY Poets' Café hosted by poet Shanelle Gabriel. Enjoy hair-raising cocktails from the MCNY bar and delicious West African food from the Teranga pop-up café.
4. Asphalt Screams 2021 @ Asphalt Green - Wear your best costume and join us for an afternoon of tricks, treats, and active Halloween games. Free and open to the public, Asphalt Screams will feature trick or treating and sports-related activities. Attendees ages 12+ must be fully vaccinated. Those ages 2+ must wear a face covering.
Saturday, October 30
5. PUMPKIN POINT 2021 @ Governors Island - During the last two weekends of October, Pumpkin Point will bring thousands of pumpkins to Governors Island, transforming historic Nolan Park into a fall wonderland. Visitors are invited to stroll through the expansive pumpkin patch and pick out a pumpkin to take home in exchange for a small suggested donation. Programming will include free, Halloween and autumn-inspired arts and crafts, activities and more. A selection of Governors Island vendors — including Little Eva’s, Threes Brewing and Joe Coffee — will offer seasonally-inspired food and beverages on-site, including autumn brews.
6. Halloween Dance Party for Ages 2-5 (Moving With Mackenna) - Celebrate Halloween with Moving With Mackenna by joining us for a: -Fully interactive movement class based on all things Halloween -Mini costume parade -Halloween themed craft Treats and refreshments will be provided for children and adults Wear your costumes! *Rain date is Sunday 10/31 at 10:30am. You will be notified by Friday 10/29 if we have to change dates.
Sunday, October 31
7. Village Halloween Parade - The Village Halloween Parade is a New York City event that's not to be missed. Puppets, musicians, dancers, and artists parade down 6th Ave, and all in costume are encouraged to join. The parade begins at 7:00 pm and ends around 11:00. For those who would like to watch, the parade runs straight up 6th Ave from Spring to 16th Street. Remember to arrive early for a good spot.
8. Halloween Boo Bash @ Randall's Island - Join RIPA for an afternoon of Halloween Fun! Come in costume. Enjoy crafts, games, treats, and spooky fun before you go trick-or-treating.
Tuesday, November 2
9. Dance Act Sing Be (6-8 year olds) with Broadway Kids - Children will participate in activities built around specific age-appropriate musicals, involving all aspects of musical performance, including singing, dancing, and acting. This holistic approach reaches every aspect of a child’s personality, fostering harmonic well-balanced development. Through movement, kids will improve their flexibility and coordination and through acting and singing, they will focus on their self-confidence, peer interaction, imagination and musicality. Our students do this all while being fully immersed in popular Broadway musicals, sure to keep them active and engaged!
Wednesday, November 3
10. Jam with Jamie | Central Park Eastside 70's | 76th & 5th - Are you ready to JAM? Say OH YEAH! Join Lyndsi from Jam with Jamie bringing an upbeat jam session every time: sing-along, dancing, bubbles, and more! Every class is 45-minutes of interactive music and movement! Creative and fun songs every week, with animal puppet play, scarves, and shakers.*