Check out the full calendar here! These are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Friday, January 21st
1. Virtual: Fruits and Vegetables Jeopardy - Do you love fruits and veggies? Join us for another virtual Jeopardy game with Countee Cullen Library! Today, it's all about these fun and important foods, from the everyday to the unusual. Learn trivia about the different types of fruits and vegetables and the dishes we can make from them, as well as their unique features.
2. Rescue Rue at DR2 Theatre- When a little dog named Rue wishes for a "Happily Ever After" from her Fairy Dogmother, she soon embarks on an emotional journey of self-discovery and belonging. Kicked out of her home, Rue meets new friends and enemies alike on the street and at the pound before finding her "Furever" home and realizing life is really about finding your happy beginnings, not endings! Based on a true adoption story, this family-friendly pop musical is told by a colorful cast of puppets and people. All ages welcome, though everyone must have a ticket, regardless of age. Reduced price “Lap Seat Tickets” are available in person at the Box Office for children 0-12 months who will be sitting on their parent/guardian’s lap.
Saturday, January 15th
3. 47th Annual Thunderbird American Dancers Pow Wow - The 47th annual Thunderbird American Dancers Pow Wow and Dance Concert will feature dances, stories and traditional music from Native Peoples of the Northeast, Southwest and Great Plains regions. The event has become a treasured New York tradition for celebrating our diversity by honoring the culture of our first Americans.Theater for the New City donates all proceeds from the event to college scholarship funds for Native American students. All audience members, including children, must show proof they are vaccinated to attend this live performance. Children under 5 will not be admitted. Masks are required at all times for all audience members. Performers will not be masked.
4. Winnie Pooh: The New Musical Adaptation at Theatre Row - Disney's iconic Winnie the Pooh, Christopher Robin and their best friends Piglet, Eeyore, Kanga, Roo, Rabbit, and Owl (oh… and don't forget Tigger too!) in a beautifully crafted musical stage adaptation. Featuring the Sherman Brothers' classic Grammy Award-winning music with further songs by A.A. Milne, this beautiful fresh stage adaptation is told with stunning life-sized puppetry through the eyes of the characters we all know and love, in a new story from the Hundred Acre Wood. All children over 12 months require their own ticket. If your child is under 12 months they will be able to sit in your lap. For insurance purposes, there is a lap seat fee of $10 which can be purchased at the BOX OFFICE just before you enter the theater.
Sunday, January 23rd
5. The Chocolate Makery at the Jewish Children's Museum- Back by popular demand, we reintroduce The Chocolate Makery at the Jewish Children’s Museum. A mouthwatering experience where children will gain a wealth of knowledge on this exciting journey. Children will join in the fun as they harvest the cocoa pods, grind and roast the beans to molding their very own delicious chocolate creation! ages 5+
Monday, January 24th
6. The Craft Studio's Toddler Art: Toddlers' first exploration into art! With a step-by-step art lesson, and quick changing activities it is the perfect way to get your little ones excited to craft! We finish each class with a dance party to get our wiggles out! All classes are capped at 8 kids with 8 caregivers. All sitting 3 feet apart. Masks are required for all caregivers and anyone over 2 years of age. Caregivers must participate and are responsible for children for the duration of each class.
Tuesday, January 25th
7. Virtual: Toddler Storytime at Yorkville Library: Join the Yorkville children’s librarian for a fun virtual and interactive toddler storytime full of fun nursery rhymes and fingerplays. Please Note: A parent or caregiver must be present during this program with the child. Unaccompanied children will be asked politely to leave the program. When registering for this program, the parent or caregiver should use their information.
8. UES Mom's Night Out at Tutu School -Have a glass of wine and join us in our magical, new space! FREE. RSVP to email@example.com
Thursday, January 27th
9. Storytime at the Met: Look, listen, sing, and have fun with Storytime! Join us every Thursday for picture-book readings connected to objects in The Met collection. Recommended for families with children ages 18 months to 6 years. FREE, museum admission not required.
10. Virtual: Live Music Class with Fiddle Foxes - Fiddle Foxes brings a 45-minute virtual interactive class led by professional musicians. We play all of your favorite songs and original Fiddle Foxes tunes while engaging kids in rhythm, call and response, dancing, music theory, and acting. Don't forget to bring your song requests! Ages infant - 6 years. FREE