Check out the full calendar here! These are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Friday, February 4th
1. Virtual: Make Valentine Designs - Join us to make these fun Valentine designs. You can use them on cards for family members or special friends or turn them into keychains. Recommended Age: Ages 4+ Skill Level: All Levels
Saturday, February 5th
2. Winter Jam 2022 in Central Park - Presented by NYC Parks, the Olympic Regional Development Authority, I Love NY, and I Ski NY, Winter Jam is a free winter sports festival for New Yorkers of all ages! Our partners at Gore Mountain will blow a mini-mountain of snow in the heart of Manhattan, creating an urban wonderland for all to enjoy! Participants in the Learn to Ski, Sledding, Snowshoeing, Dodgeball, Flag Football, Curling, and Bowling activities must sign a waiver and provide photo identification before participating in these activities. There will be food and drinks onsite for purchase. Waiting lines for the activities are subject to close early. This event is snow or shine. FREE.
3. Frozen Tea Party at Let's Dress Up - Some things never change...like how much we love Frozen. Our favorite sisters are coming to Let's Dress Up! Yes, BOTH Anna and Elsa will be joining us for tea. We will have themed snacks, songs, and a photo op of course. Ages 3-8. $60 per child.
4. Virtual: Lunar New Year Shadow Puppets: Join us virtually to celebrate Year of the Tiger with artists from Chinese Theater Works! Lunar New Year is celebrated by many different Asian communities, especially in the neighborhood of Flushing where the Lewis Latimer House Museum is located. This year, we will be hosting our Lunar New Year Tinker Festival, in collaboration with the local artist group Chinese Theater Works, experts on the art of Chinese shadow puppetry and traditional Chinese opera. There will be shadow puppet workshops and brief introduction to Chinese opera! Participants can join in for a hands-on experience with making their own shadow puppets, while watching a performance by the artist group through Zoom! FREE
5. Date Night Drop-off Party- Kids will have a blast at this special drop-off party — while grown-ups get time for errands, shopping, or even (gasp!) a DATE NIGHT. Ages 5+. Kids can wear their PJs for a cozy, silly, Saturday night party packed with activities. There’ll be crafting, pizza, play time, story time, a dance party (of course…), and a show to unwind at the end of the night. $60 per child
Sunday, February 6th
6. Bumper Cars on Ice at Bryant Park- Bumper Cars on Ice are back! Not your typical bumper car, ours go on the ice. Bump, slide, and spin on The Rink. 11am - 5pm. Starting at $20
7. Lunar New Year Celebration at Bryant Park -Welcome the Year of the Tiger and celebrate the Lunar New Year at Bryant Park! Find our silk lanterns, make a wish at our wishing station, and watch a lion dance performed by New York Chinese Cultural Center.The lion dance will begin at 3pm on the Northwest corner of the Rink Deck. Free
Monday, February 7th
8. Virtual: Children's Musical Story Time - Children’s Musical Story Time With Lily Rose at 3 PM for ages 0-5. Free.
Tuesday, February 8th
9. Virtual: San Valentino Workshop with Speakitaly: Join us for a fun workshop where students will put together beautiful art projects for Valentine’s Day. We will teach your child how to have fun with simple paints and make a heart painting frame. Made with love, from your child. 11 am. Ages 3-10. Virtual $25
Thursday, February 10th
10. Time Travel Guitar: Come on a musical time-traveling adventure with Counselor James! He's got a special guitar that actually has the power to travel through time (with a little help from you, of course). This music and movement class is like a dance party and a karaoke night all rolled into one, just for kids and their music-loving caregivers. For campers who like to move it, move it ages 2+ (and their families!) This is NOT a drop off activity. Child Ticket: $25; Adult Ticket: FREE