Check out the full calendar here! These are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Friday, April 1st
1. Madison Square Park Spring Scavenger Hunt - After a long hard winter, our favorite species have begun showing themselves in our park. As flowers bloom and bird songs grow more frequent, it’s becoming clear: spring is upon us. From birds to bees, flowers to fungi, there’s lots to discover here in the park this spring. Join us in exploring the park’s plants and wildlife by participating in our seasonal Scavenger Hunt—all ages welcome! Make observations to help us identify what’s living in and around your park. Record your findings by taking a photo and sharing it on the iNaturalist app—your observations will help keep Madison Square Park green. All ages. Free. 8:00 am - 7:00 pm.
2. Furry Friday at the Museum of the Dog: Furry Fridays are back at limited capacity, so make sure to reserve your spot! Free to members but open to everyone, reserve a ticket by signing up here for you and your dog(s). Visit the Museum during our special "furry" friendly hours. Reservations are required to attend. *If you will be attending with your dog(s), you will be required to sign a waiver upon entry. Dogs and their people are welcome. Adult $20 | Dog $5 | Members Free. 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
Saturday, April 2nd
3. Beauty and the Beast at Puppetworks: Beauty & the Beast - adapted for Marionettes by Nicolas Coppola. Ages 3 and up. Children $10.00 each, Adults $11.00 each. 12:30 pm and 2:30 pm.
Sunday, April 3rd
4. Access Family Program: Build it Sail it Fly it at Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum - Figure out how airplanes and ships are assembled and maintained. Learn about the tools and strategies used on board, as well as practice building your own designs! Ages 14+. Free with pre-registration. 11:00 am - 1:00 pm.
5. Jabari Dreams of Freedom at the New Victory Theater - The Acrobuffos are back! Circus and science collide when these globetrotting clowns return with their sold-out spectacle, Air Play (New Victory 2018). With knowing smiles and suitcases full of surprises, this comedic duo elicits gales of laughter as they transform ordinary objects into uncommon beauty. This delightful, flightful homage to the power of air will take your breath away as the Acrobuffos goad gravity and make really, really, really high art out of the very thing we breathe. Ages 7+. Tickets start from $20. 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
Monday, April 4th
6. Toddler Art at the Craft Studio: Toddlers' first exploration into art! With a step-by-step art lesson, and quick changing activities it is the perfect way to get your little ones excited to craft! We finish each class with a dance party to get our wiggles out! All classes are capped at 8 kids with 8 caregivers. All sitting 3 feet apart. Masks are required for all caregivers and anyone over 2 years of age. Caregivers must participate and are responsible for children for the duration of each class. Ages 1.5 to 2.5 years old with an adult caregiver. $38 per class. 10:00 am - 10:45 am.
Wednesday, April 6th
7. VIRTUAL: How the Hubble works at the Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum - When the Hubble Space Telescope was brought into space in 1990, people on Earth were able to see images they have never seen before due to the telescope’s ability to interpret light in a way that humans cannot do on their own. Learn how the images we see of space objects are created by the data from Hubble. Grades 6-8. Free with pre-registration. 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
8. Tinkergarten: Free trial at Central Park: Tinkergarten is an outdoors play-based program. We sing, move, learn, and play with nature. Our spring session, "Creativity Explorations," is now open for enrollment. This season is designed to help kids build one of my favorite and most needed Tinkergarten core skills: creativity! Kids will imagine, invent, collaborate, and express themselves - all in the best learning studio of all: nature! Join the free trial class and experience the magic of purposeful outdoor play. For ages 1.5 to 8 years old and their adult. Free. 4:00 pm.
Thursday, April 7th
9. Virtual: Kids Steam: Earth Day Edition: This event will take place online. Join staff from the Clason's Point Library for an exciting, hands-on program dedicated to Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math! This week we will learn about the Water Cycle and create a rainbow cloud! You must register with your email address in order to receive the link to participate. The link will be sent to you by email approximately one day before the program. You will need a device with audio and video and an internet connection to join. All ages. Free. 3:00 pm - 3:45 pm.
10. Kid Flicks at Yorkville Library: Join us in our community room for our children's film showing. Watch short films based on popular picture books. The perfect way to meet up with friends and end a busy day. All films subject to last minute substitutions. Ages 3-12. FREE. 4pm-5pm.