Check out the full event calendar here but below are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Friday, July 23rd
1. Sunset Jam on the Hudson - Improvise on African, Latin and Caribbean rhythms at Sunset Jam on the Hudson drumming circles. The gatherings are led by master drummer Maguette Camara. Instruments are provided by the Battery Park City Parks Conservancy or bring your own.
Saturday, July 24th
2. Team USA Cupcake & Medal Craft @ American Girl Store - Join us as American Girl celebrates Team USA with a poster giveaway, medal craft, red, white, and blue cupcakes PLUS enter for a chance to win an outfit for your doll signed by an Olympic athlete!
3. Mermaid Party - Join Curated Care for a fun-filled morning! We'll decorate our own mermaid crowns, create mermaid friendship bracelets, and finish with a mermaid-themed freeze dance! Bring a picnic blanket or towel for your crew while enjoying socially distanced fun outdoors.
4. City Park's SummerStage with Sun Ra Arkestra with Sistazz of the Nitty Gritty - Free (7:00 pm - 8:30 pm) - Capital One City Parks Foundation SummerStage returns in 2021 with free performances in Central Park, and a few more costly shows as well. Saturday, July 24th, 2021 - Sun Ra Arkestra with Sistazz of the Nitty Gritty - Free!
Sunday, July 25th
5. Camp Kids: Puppets, Crafts, and Magic @ Bryant Park - Stop by for fun filled afternoons with music, yoga, stories, magic, puppet shows, and science projects. Arts and crafts between shows!
6. Harlem Meer - Enjoy lakeside performances at the Charles A. Dana Discovery Center every Sunday from an eclectic mix of performers. All concerts are FREE and open to the public; no tickets required. Harlem Blues & Jazz Band.
Monday July 26th
7. Little Jay Music & Play in Central Park at E 76th Street - Join us for 40-minutes of music and early enrichment in Central Park. Bring your own props (we recommend shakers, scarves, tambourine/drum, and a puppet or stuffed toy) and blanket. Only 5 families/ class to ensure social distancing. The teacher will place down spots 6 feet apart for you to set your blankets on.
Tuesday, July 27th
8. Vinyasa Yoga in Central Park for Teens (BeU New York) - In this session, you will learn a particular sequence of yoga postures, taught in its full depth and dimension. You will go deeper than the posture and go towards the root of the experience to differentiate what makes asanas (yogic postures). We will practice asanas, and meditation with the goal to bring a balance in body, mind and soul. * This is for older kids and parents Vinyasa Yoga Class.
9. Mommy and Me Little Tiger Cubs (Ages 2.5 - 4.5 Years) @ Tiger Strong NYC - Our kid's classes focus on developing a child's inner strength. Strength is developed from the inside out. It is a complete Mind, Body, Spirit approach. The spirit is developed through self-discipline, control, and respect. The mind is strengthened through developing focus and concentration. The body is conditioned through fun exercises and learning karate techniques. The result is a confident child.
Wednesday, July 28th
10. Family Storytime at St Catherine's Park/hora de cuentos bilingüe with 67th Street Library - Join us for stories, songs, fingerplays, and fun out in the summer sun! For children ages 0-5 and their parent/s or caregiver.