Check out the full event calendar here but below are my Top 10 picks for events and activities happening in and around the Upper East Side this week. Don't miss out on all the fun, and please be sure to let them know you saw it in Macaroni Kid NYC Upper East Side! Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please confirm events before attending.
TOP 10 for the Week
Friday, August 6th
1. Tall Ship Wavertree opens for Visitors (South Street Seaport Museum) - The permanently-moored 1885 tall ship Wavertree to the public for FREE beginning Saturday, May 29, 2021 and running on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays through October 2021, with timed entry, from 11am-5pm at Pier 16 (Fulton and South Streets).
Saturday, August 7th
2. Princess Play @ Let's Dress Up - Princess Play is a 90-minute structured playtime usually scheduled between weekend parties. Planned activities include dress-up, make-up, story, photo, and a seasonal tea party. The last 10 minutes are allotted for transition time. Drop off is optional.
3. Creole Food Festival - The 3rd ANNUAL CREOLE FOOD FESTIVAL will continue the tradition of showcasing the best Creole chefs, cuisines, and beverages from the Caribbean, Africa, Europe, Asia, and South America. Look to see and discover participating tourism boards, rising star chefs, beverage connoisseurs, bartenders providing signature NYCCFF drinks, sample dishes, cooking demos, and much more!
4. Hindu Lamp Ceremony @ Brooklyn Bridge Park - The ninth annual Aarti Hindu Lamp Ceremony returns to Brooklyn Bridge Park's Pebble Beach! Guests are invited to decorate palm leaf lamps and release them along the East River. Special guest artists are in attendance displaying their works.
Sunday, August 8th
5. Pickle Soup And Other Tales For The Curious with The Museum of Jewish Heritage - Join the Museum for “Pickle Soup and Other Tales for the Curious” by puppeteer and eccentric hostess Jenny Romaine, with Jewish time wheel technician Elana June Margolis and friends.
Monday, August 9th
6. Virtual City Stomp Hudson RiverKids - Hudson RiverKids is back again—online and streaming worldwide. This summer, we have lots of energetic, exciting entertainment the whole family can enjoy. Hudson RiverKids brings together a multitude of interactive programs, performances, and hands-on learning—made especially with kids in mind. From creative activities and story hours that stimulate the imagination to sing-alongs and music that will make you dance and shake, HRPK is ready for family-friendly fun all summer long.
7. In-Person - Arts & Processes (ages 3-5) @ 67th Street Library -A short storytime for preschoolers emphasizing the illustrations will be followed by a session of art-making.
Tuesday, August 10th
8. International Fairytale Hour! @ 53rd Street Library - Come join Ms. Eve for International Fairytales/Folktales from around the world!
Wednesday, August 12th
9. Moonlight & Movies | The Muppets Take Manhattan (Museum of the City of New York) - With a special introduction from Cheryl Henson and Brian T. Carson (and Silly Willy the Rabbit), join us for an outdoor screening of The Muppets Take Manhattan (Frank Oz, 1984, 94 min.), a zany journey featuring the classic Muppet crew - from Kermit and Miss Piggy to Fozzie Bear and Gonzo - as they try to make it in NYC.
10. Movies Under the Stars: The Wizard of Oz @ John Jay Park - Join NYC Parks and the New York City Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment for a free film! Grab a blanket and come enjoy a movie in a neighborhood park or playground! This summer, NYC Parks will host family-friendly movie showings across the five boroughs. Movies begin at dusk. You should arrive before 8:00 p.m. to get your spot. This event is FREE and open to the public, but seating is limited. Reservations are not taken.